There comes a time in your life when you will find that you are caught neck deep in debt. Look at all the cash you can easily borrow and spend – there are credit cards for the asking, personal loans, home loans, you ask for it and the money is bang on the table. And, given the ease of so much available money, anyone can get carried away and go on a spending binge. Even you. And then debt piles up. And troubles begin.
Once money has been spent, the payback clock starts ticking and if you have taken multiple loans, then you will naturally have to pay multiple installments. And there’s a high chance of anyone with multiple loans getting into a situation where he cannot pay back his loans. And, if you can’t pay back your loans comfortably, your credit ratings will be downgraded and when that happens, no one will be willing to lend money to you at a lower rate of interest.
And that is where personal debt consolidation loans come in. They get rid of your burden by giving you a low interest loan that sets you free from your debt trap and helps you get a grip on your finances.
Personal debt consolidation loans are loans that consolidate all your high interest debts (credit card, personal loans, etc.) and give you a loan – at a lower rate of interest – to pay them off, thereby reducing your monthly cash outflow and leaving you with enough cash for running your house.
Advantages of personal debt consolidation loans
1. These loans put your mind at ease because they replace a higher outflow with a lower, more manageable one.
2. They simplify your debt by reducing the number of bills you have to pay every month to just one.
3. These loans are given for a longer period of time and hence the payouts are small and in tune with what you earn every month.
4. If your personal debt consolidation loan is secured by your home, then the rate of interest is much lower than an unsecured consolidation loan.
5. They help you rebuild your credit history, if you pay their installments in time.
6. The biggest advantage of these loans is that they kind of get you out of a mess: out of a hole you have dug for yourself. And that’s worth a lot in both monetary and non-monetary terms.
Sure, a personal debt consolidation loan will help you reduce your debt and make life hassle-free (financially), but you need discipline and commitment when it comes to paying back the loan – you just cannot afford to go back to your old ways of being a spendthrift.
There are a whole lot of companies who offer personal debt consolidation loans and it is up to you to choose the loan that is right for you. If you already have a financial advisor, then it would help things if you could take his opinion about the loan you are planning to take. So, if you are stuck in debt, go right ahead and take a personal debt consolidation loan and get rid of all the financial irritants that are causing you a pain in the neck.